Software Developer Position Available at ClearEdge3D
ClearEdge3D (www.ClearEdge3D.com) is a young company with deep experience in computer vision algorithms for automating the creation of 3D models from point clouds. We’re seeking multiple talented C++ developers who are passionate about 3D modeling and strongly motivated to apply their skills towards solving exciting, challenging real-world problems. This is an opportunity to get deeply involved in hands-on, cutting edge research and development work on automated feature extraction from point clouds.
A strong candidate will have deep background in 3D geometry, efficient object-oriented programming skills, and the ability to communicate well verbally, write clearly, and collaboratively develop algorithms and software within a small team environment.
Location: Manassas, Virginia
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation techniques in a fast moving environment.
- At least 3 years of C++/Object Oriented programming experience
- Strong background in 3D geometry and/or mathematical modeling
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate external code and libraries
- Self-motivated and eager to make an impact
- Authorized to work in US or able to obtain such authorization quickly
- M.S. or Ph.D in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Photogrammetry, laser scanning, and/or point cloud experience
- Experience with Point Cloud Library (PCL) and/or Open Computer Vision (OpenCV) libraries
- Computer vision and/or 3D graphics experience – OpenGL / VTK a plus
- Software ergonomics and GUI design – particularly as it relates to 3D modeling
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology
This is a ground-floor opportunity with an innovative and rapidly growing startup. We’ve won several grants from the National Science Foundation to develop our technology, and our commercial applications are gaining tremendous traction in the laser scanning marketplace. You will work on game-changing software that could revolutionize the 3D modeling and Architectural/Engineering/Construction industries.
To apply for this position, please write a short email describing yourself and your accomplishments and send it along with your CV or resume to email@example.com.
Keywords: Point Cloud, LIDAR, Laser Scanning, Computer Vision, Photogrammetry, Solid Modeling, 3D Geometry, Applications, Feature Extraction, Object Recognition, Software, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Engineering, Computer Science, Ph.D, PhD, Doctorate, M.S. MS, Masters
Outside Sales Executive – Location: Virtual
ClearEdge3D is a recently-funded software company with several groundbreaking 3D CAD products that can reduce the cost of creating 3D models from laser scan point clouds by up to 90 percent. Our software has a compelling value proposition, a loyal customer base of engineering firms and great team behind it. We are looking for a hard-working sales executive, located anywhere in the U.S., with a proven track record and sales experience in the laser scanning/CAD software industry who can make an immediate impact on our monthly revenue. You’ll be working directly with our CEO and VPs to develop business, generate qualified leads, and develop and close accounts.
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- You absolutely love selling! You know how to qualify prospects, work a pipeline and close sales—you are good and have the results to prove it.
- You’ve successfully sold complex hardware or software—you grasp the unique challenges of technical sales and have a track record of beating sales targets.
- Your ambition drives your work ethic searching for upward mobility and success in your business career.
- You understand the laser scanning and 3D CAD space—you’ve sold hardware, software and/or services to engineering and architectural firms and have a full list of contacts you can leverage.
- Your glass is always half full—our team DNA rejects complainers, naysayer and unhappy people.
You get major bonus points if you have:
- Excellent written communication skills—stellar verbal skills are essential, but you also need to write compelling follow up emails.
- Experience using SalesForce.com to manage a large pipeline of prospects.
Here’s what we bring to the table:
- Outstanding earning potential that will top six figures after one year.
- A ground-floor opportunity with one of the hottest start-ups in the CAD industry—the package includes a generous salary, commission, options and bonuses for hitting sales targets.
- A growth opportunity for you—we’re a small team and are looking for someone who can grow with us, help build our revenue base and become a key member of our leadership team.
- You will sell game-changing software with a massive value proposition—our software can decrease the time and cost to create as-built 3D models by up to 90%.
- A fun and mutually supportive work team—life’s just too short to have it any different.
If this opportunity appeals to you, tell us why in the best sales letter you’ve ever written. And please don’t just send us your resume with no cover letter—we want to learn who you are and why you think we’re a good fit. Email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org