VDC/BIM Specialist—Manassas, VA
ClearEdge3D is looking for a construction industry professional with five to ten years of experience in Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) workflows to join our fast-growing software company in a pre-sales technical specialist role. We are looking for someone with extensive experience in 3D coordination workflows, and some experience utilizing reality capture data as part of the coordination process.
Our company is the industry leader in applying computer vision algorithms to automate the process of utilizing laser scans and other reality capture sources in virtual design and construction workflows. We have been awarded four National Science Foundation grants to help drive our development process, and have almost all of the top 50 companies in our key markets using our tools.
We are looking for someone with strong communication, presentation, persuasion, and technical skills to support the Sales Team in selling licenses of our new construction verification solution, Verity, to contractors and other AEC industry professionals. In this role, you will be working directly with new leads and our existing customers to show them our software solutions and help them understand how our solutions will fit into their workflows. You will meet with senior management and technical leaders of industry-leading firms across the globe and help those companies with implementation of our technologies on their landmark projects.
Location: Manassas, VA
Roles & Responsibilities
- Complete software demonstrations and presentations using standard or customer data sets
- Implement entire suite of software in proof of concept scenarios and production applications
- Support prospects through their evaluation process, providing training and support assistance
- Mentor and set examples for junior engineers/consultants
- Deliver training and workshops as necessary to attract new clients and support existing clients
- Understand the customer’s technical and business environment and requirements
- Work to identify creative ways that our product can solve business problems
- Collaborate with 3rd party agencies to support clients in their marketing initiatives
- Communicate internally with Executive, Marketing, Sales, and Technical teams
- Travel occasionally to support client needs and attend industry conferences—up to 25%
(proof-of-concepts may be held at customer locations)
- Experience managing and performing the 3D coordination process
- Experience with utilizing reality capture data for construction workflows
- Self-motivated, comfortable, and responsible in a position that grants autonomy
- Passionate about the role technology can play in transforming the construction industry
- Comfortable presenting complex technical topics to business and technical audiences
- Professional in appearance, personal interaction, and communications
- Experience with Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD, ReCap, and other related software
- Experience utilizing reality capture data in construction verification workflows is a plus
- Experience with total stations and other field verification workflows is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years in a construction coordination–related role
If this opportunity appeals to you, tell us why in the best sales letter you’ve ever written. And please don’t just send us your resume with no cover letter—we want to learn who you are and why you think we’re a good fit. Email your cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software Developer—Manassas, VA
ClearEdge3D is a young company with deep experience in computer vision algorithms for automating the creation of 3D models from laser scanned point clouds. We’re seeking talented C++/C# developers who are passionate about 3D modeling and strongly motivated to apply their skills towards solving exciting, challenging, real-world problems. This is an opportunity to get deeply involved in hands-on, cutting-edge research and development work on automated feature extraction and recognition from point clouds.
A strong candidate will have deep background in 3D geometry, efficient object-oriented programming skills, and the ability to communicate well verbally, write clearly, and collaboratively develop algorithms and software within a small team environment.
Location: Manassas, Virginia
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation techniques in a fast-moving environment
- At least 3 years of C++/Object Oriented programming experience
- Strong background in 3D geometry and/or mathematical modeling. It doesn’t matter if it’s coding up Monte Carlo simulations of a particle physics detector, writing computational fluid dynamics solvers, building tessellation algorithms for a solid modeling kernel, or interpreting LiDAR data in real time—if you’ve got strong geometric reasoning skills, you’ll fit right in.
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate external code and libraries
- Self-motivated and eager to make an impact
- Authorized to work in US or able to obtain such authorization quickly
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Computer vision, photogrammetry, laser scanning, and/or point cloud experience
- Software ergonomics and GUI design—particularly as it relates to 3D modeling
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology
This is a ground-floor opportunity with an innovative and rapidly growing startup. We’ve won several grants from the National Science Foundation to develop our technology, and our commercial applications are gaining tremendous traction in the laser scanning marketplace. You will work on game-changing software that could revolutionize the 3D modeling and Architectural/Engineering/Construction industries.
To apply for this position, please write a short email describing yourself and your accomplishments and send it along with your CV or resume to email@example.com.
Keywords: Point Cloud, LIDAR, Laser Scanning, Computer Vision, Photogrammetry, Solid Modeling, 3D Geometry, Applications, Feature Extraction, Object Recognition, Software, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Engineering, Computer Science, Ph.D., PhD, Doctorate, M.S. MS, Masters