Software Developer—Denver, CO
ClearEdge3D (www.ClearEdge3D.com), a subsidiary of Topcon America Corporation, is a software firm with deep experience in computer vision algorithms for automating the creation of 3D models from laser scanned point clouds. We’re seeking talented C++/C# developers who are passionate about 3D and mathematical modeling and strongly motivated to apply their skills towards solving exciting, challenging real-world problems. This is an opportunity to get deeply involved in hands-on, cutting edge research and development work to turn massive 3D data sets from a variety of capture devices into 3D models of the physical world.
A strong candidate will have a strong background in 3D geometry, efficient object-oriented programming skills, and the ability to communicate well verbally, write clearly, and collaboratively develop algorithms and software within a small team environment.
Location: Denver, Colorado
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation techniques in a fast-moving environment.
- At least 3 years of C++/Object Oriented programming experience
- Strong background in 3D geometry and/or mathematical modeling. It doesn’t matter if it’s coding up Monte Carlo simulations of a particle physics detector, writing computational fluid dynamics solvers, building tessellation algorithms for a solid modeling kernel or interpreting LiDAR data in real time – if you’ve got strong geometric reasoning skills you’ll fit right in.
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate external code and libraries
- Self-motivated and eager to make an impact
- Authorized to work in US or able to obtain such authorization quickly
- S. or Ph.D in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Computer vision, photogrammetry, laser scanning, and/or point cloud experience
- Software ergonomics and GUI design – particularly as it relates to 3D modeling
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology
This is a ground-floor opportunity with an innovative and rapidly growing company. We’ve won several grants from the National Science Foundation to develop this technology, and our commercial applications are gaining tremendous traction in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction marketplace. You will work on game-changing software that could revolutionize the way the world’s infrastructure is built. Our parent company is a global leader of precision measurement and geomatics equipment with a 200+ person development team, so opportunities for career advancement abound.
To apply for this position, please write a short email describing yourself and your accomplishments and send it along with your CV or resume to email@example.com.
Keywords: Point Cloud, GIS, Robotics, Localization, SLAM, Mass Data, LIDAR, Laser Scanning, Computer Vision, Photogrammetry, Solid Modeling, 3D Geometry, Applications, Feature Extraction, Object Recognition, Software, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Engineering, Computer Science, Ph.D, PhD, Doctorate, M.S. MS, Masters
Content Development Intern—Manassas, VA
ClearEdge3D is a fast-growing technology company that has developed a set of groundbreaking computer vision algorithms and software that can reduce the time and cost of creating 3D Computed-Aided Design (CAD) models of process plants, buildings, bridges and entire cities by up to 70% (Yeah, it’s cool stuff!)
We are looking for a highly-motivated Content Development Intern looking to gain a ton of experience generating high value content targeted to construction firms, engineers and architects for our weekly blog posts and mini podcasts. The intern will work collaboratively with a fast-paced marketing team mainly coordinating content development efforts and assisting with campaign copywriting
Location: Manassas, Virginia
- Salary: $10–12/hour, depending on experience
- Work Schedule: 20–40 hours/week (flexible)
- Expected Start/End Dates: ASAP – August 2019 (flexibility in dates), potential for extended part-time work
- Write weekly blog posts that include highly valuable content for our target market to increase brand awareness. The process will include:
- Brainstorming and collaborating with team members to come up with relevant topics for content pieces every week that attract a qualified audience
- Interviewing industry leaders, customers or team members
- Writing engaging and digestible weekly blog posts that are optimized for SEO
- Create questions/discussion points based on blog content to feature in our weekly mini podcasts
- Build and manage a content/editorial calendar that ensures a smooth publication process
- Assist with digital/social media marketing efforts mainly on copy creation for different campaigns as needed
- Identify opportunities for content promotion and content partnerships with various publishers, companies and blogs online
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited university majoring in English, journalism, communications, or a related degree program
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts
- Quick learner who listens and asks good questions
- Highly organized with strong time and project management skills
- Experience creating content for a B2B environment
- Previous professional experience in B2B marketing campaigns, digital/social media marketing, product branding/positioning and analytics
- Knowledge of 3D modeling, laser scanning, LiDAR, or software-focused technologies
If this sounds like an awesome way to improve and gain new content development skills, please email your cover letter and resume/CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Content Development Internship (Summer 2019) with ClearEdge3D”.