Software Developer—Denver, CO
ClearEdge3D (www.ClearEdge3D.com), a subsidiary of Topcon America Corporation, is a software firm with deep experience in computer vision algorithms for automating the creation of 3D models from laser scanned point clouds. We’re seeking talented C++/C# developers who are passionate about 3D and mathematical modeling and strongly motivated to apply their skills towards solving exciting, challenging real-world problems. This is an opportunity to get deeply involved in hands-on, cutting edge research and development work to turn massive 3D data sets from a variety of capture devices into 3D models of the physical world.
A strong candidate will have a strong background in 3D geometry, efficient object-oriented programming skills, and the ability to communicate well verbally, write clearly, and collaboratively develop algorithms and software within a small team environment.
Location: Denver, Colorado
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation techniques in a fast-moving environment.
- At least 3 years of C++/Object Oriented programming experience
- Strong background in 3D geometry and/or mathematical modeling. It doesn’t matter if it’s coding up Monte Carlo simulations of a particle physics detector, writing computational fluid dynamics solvers, building tessellation algorithms for a solid modeling kernel or interpreting LiDAR data in real time – if you’ve got strong geometric reasoning skills you’ll fit right in.
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate external code and libraries
- Self-motivated and eager to make an impact
- Authorized to work in US or able to obtain such authorization quickly
- M.S. or Ph.D in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- Computer vision, photogrammetry, laser scanning, and/or point cloud experience
- Software ergonomics and GUI design – particularly as it relates to 3D modeling
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology
This is a ground-floor opportunity with an innovative and rapidly growing company. We’ve won several grants from the National Science Foundation to develop this technology, and our commercial applications are gaining tremendous traction in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction marketplace. You will work on game-changing software that could revolutionize the way the world’s infrastructure is built. Our parent company is a global leader of precision measurement and geomatics equipment with a 200+ person development team, so opportunities for career advancement abound.
To apply for this position, please write a short email describing yourself and your accomplishments and send it along with your CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Point Cloud, GIS, Robotics, Localization, SLAM, Mass Data, LIDAR, Laser Scanning, Computer Vision, Photogrammetry, Solid Modeling, 3D Geometry, Applications, Feature Extraction, Object Recognition, Software, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Engineering, Computer Science, Ph.D, PhD, Doctorate, M.S. MS, Masters
Marketing Intern—Manassas, VA
ClearEdge3D is a recently founded, young company that has developed a set of groundbreaking computer vision algorithms and software that can reduce the time and cost of creating 3D Computed-Aided Design (CAD) models of process plants, buildings, bridges and entire cities by up to 70% (Yeah, it’s cool stuff!).
We are looking for several interns who are interested in gaining a lot of experience marketing our software products to architects, engineers and construction firms through social media, email marketing, list development, website development, and other tested marketing techniques.
Location: Manassas, Virginia
- Salary: $10–12/hour, depending on experience
- Work Schedule: 20–40 hours/week (flexible)
- Expected Start/End Dates: ASAP – June 2019 (flexibility in dates), potential for extended part-time work
- Assist with B2B and digital/social media marketing efforts
- Update company database and customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Assist with website development
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Coordinate with the product development and application engineering teams
- Undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited university majoring in marketing, business, communications, or a related degree program
- Strong understanding of various marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work and learn in a professional environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g., CRM tools, Google AdWords, Salesforce, social media applications, etc.)
- Previous professional experience in B2B marketing campaigns, digital/social media marketing, product branding/positioning, analytics, and value propositions
- Interest in entrepreneurship and small startup companies
- Knowledge of 3D modeling, laser scanning, LiDAR, or software-focused technologies
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM software
- Experience using WordPress for website development
If this sounds like an awesome way to improve and gain new marketing skills, please email your cover letter and resume/CV at email@example.com with the subject line, “Marketing Internship (Spring 2019) with ClearEdge3D”.