What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. We do not use an SSL certificate because we only collect non-private information.
Do we use 'cookies'?
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders:
- auto-form fill and an experience tailored to the visitors interests.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
• By emailing us
• By calling us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 15 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
P.O. Box 4018 | Manassas | VA
Last Edited on 2018-05-01
Inside EUYour privacy and trust are important to us and this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) provides important information about how ClearEdge3D, Inc. (“ClearEdge”, “we” or “us”) handle personal information. This Statement describes which personal data we collect through our website, application, product, software, or service that links to such website, application, product and or software as well as through our sales and marketing activities (collectively, our “Services”) and the purpose why we process your personal information.
Subject of data protection is personal data (hereinafter “personal data” or “personal information”). Pursuant to Art 4 No. 1 GDPR, this is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; this includes, for example, names or identification numbers.
Please read this Statement carefully and contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about our privacy practices or your personal information choices.
It is important that you check back often for updates to this Statement. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice on the relevant Services and/or contact you using other methods such as email. A current version of this Statement is always accessible on our website.
This Statement was last updated on July 9, 2018.
- What Information about You is Collected by ClearEdge?
We also collect personal information from third parties such as our partners, service providers, and publicly available websites, to offer Services we think may be of interest and to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Services.
- Name and Contact Details of Data Controller Handling Personal Information
- How Does ClearEdge handle Your Personal Data?
- ClearEdge collects, obtains, uses and provides personal information in an appropriate manner.
- ClearEdge makes best efforts to ensure personal data to be precise and up-to-date.
- ClearEdge takes necessary and appropriate measures to manage personal data including protecting personal data against unauthorized access, loss, leak and damage.
- ClearEdge complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. In determining data retention periods, ClearEdge takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers
- ClearEdge complies with laws, regulations and the guidelines for them as well as internal rules on personal information.
- When contracting the handling of personal data to a third party, ClearEdge only entrusts to a contractor who meets the requirements based on ClearEdge’s internal rules. ClearEdge manages such contractors in an appropriate manner.
- ClearEdge remains up to date towards any change of the EU (and local) legislation regarding data protection (including the General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR).
- What is the Purpose and Legal Basis of Processing Personal Information?
ClearEdge ensures that, in the process of providing its products and services, it will obtain only personal data necessary to carry out its business through the ClearEdge business entities for the purposes of use (as described below).
ClearEdge may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Sales of Products - Providing with products and services that ClearEdge and its subsidiaries and partners offer ("Products") and Managing contractual relationship related to providing Products and other business activities. The processing of personal data is carried out on the basis of legal regulations that allow us to process personal data to the extent necessary for the use of a service or the performance of a contract, Art 6 para. 1 b) GDPR.
- Use of Products - Planning, development, manufacturing, installation, support, training and maintenance of machines and equipment, providing and distributing information such as information on Products, contact you about warranty, service and sales issues. The processing of personal data is carried out on the basis of legal regulations that allow us to process personal data to the extent necessary for the use of a service or the performance of a contract, Art 6 para. 1 b) GDPR.
- Marketing and Communication - Information communication and information processing services and advertising and holding campaigns, exhibits and other events to promote Products as well as deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports, and business information and to personalize your experience with our Services and Providing and distributing brochures, materials and samples of Products. When you communicate with us or sign up for promotional materials, we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art 6 para. 1 f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is to provide you with our promotional messages. Where we are required under applicable local law to obtain your consent for sending you marketing information, the legal basis is your consent, Art 6 para. 1 a) GDPR. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Improvement of our website - personalizing your experience at our websites; selectively sending you information that may be of interest to you; contests and sweepstakes; market research and online surveys; automatic monitoring of statistical information to determine how ClearEdge's websites are being used. The processing of personal data is carried because ClearEdge has a predominant legitimate interest in making the use of the website as easy and efficient as possible, Art 6 para. 1 f) GDPR (for more information see Clause 5).
- Improvement of our Products - Conducting surveys on Products and analysis of the results. The processing of personal data is carried because ClearEdge has a predominant legitimate interest to enhance your experience and to develop and improve our products, Art 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
- Application Process – We collect personal data relating to job applicants in connection with our employment application/recruiting process. In instances where personal data is collected in connection with a specific open position we will store the subject personal data for no more than 30 days following the date on which the subject opening is no longer available. In instances where personal data is collected that is not specifically associated to an open position we will store the subject personal data for no more than 180 days. Should we wish to keep your personal information on file longer for consideration for future suitable employment opportunities with us we will ask for your consent, which, if given, can be withdrawn at any time.
- Cookies and Analytics
We store so-called "cookies" in order to offer you a comprehensive range of functions and to make the use of our websites more convenient. "Cookies" are small files that are stored on your computer with the help of your internet browser. If you do not wish the use of "cookies", you can prevent the storage of "cookies" on your computer by making the appropriate settings in your internet browser. Please note that this may limit the functionality and range of functions of our offer.
In particular, we use the following cookies:
Google Analytics - to monitor and analyze traffic coming to the site and page visits while on the site
Pardot - to record user submitted contact information for the purposes of fulfilling requested product information, dealer follow-ups, and trial software requests
5.2. Google Analytics
We use Google Tag Manager, web analysis services of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your device, to help the website analyze your use of https://www.ClearEdge3d.com.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our Site (including your shortened IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our websites, to compile reports on website activity for website operators and to provide other services associated with the use of our Site and services related to the use of the internet. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
You can disable Google Analytics by using a browser add-on if you do not want the website analysis. You can download the browser add-on here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en .You can object to the use of Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is used on the basis of our legitimate interest in a demand-oriented design, statistical evaluation and efficient advertising of our Site and the fact that your legitimate interests do not outweigh, Art 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
- Processing of Sensitive Personal Data
- Sharing Your Personal Data
- Topcon Group of Companies. ClearEdge is a member of the Topcon Group of companies consisting of Topcon Corporation headquartered in Japan and its affiliated companies. We have made sure that the Topcon Group companies respect the GDPR and only share your personal information within the Topcon Group if this is legitimate, e.g. because there are necessary intra-group agreements in place or because it serves internal administrative purposes in which case we will weigh up your conflicting interests in accordance with the GDPR.
- Third party service providers which have been thoroughly selected based on their compliance with the GDPR and only when to fulfill the services they provide to us, such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; data analytics; and order fulfillment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us. We will enter into the necessary legal agreements with the third-party service providers in order to secure your personal information.
- Business Partners - ClearEdge may share personal information with business partners in order to improve your experience with ClearEdge and for ClearEdge's marketing purposes. ClearEdge may share non-personal aggregate data about sales, customers, visitors to the site and related site information with third parties. We will enter into the necessary legal agreements with our business partners in order to secure your personal information.
- Your Rights and Your Personal Data
Right of access
You have the right to request from us access to the processed personal data concerning you to the extent of Art 15 GDPR at any time. For this purpose, you can send your request via email to the address stated above.
Right to rectification of incorrect data
You have the right to request from us the immediate rectification of the personal data concerning you, if these are incorrect. To do this, please contact the contact address stated above.
Right to erasure
Under the requirements set out in Art 17 GDPR you have the right to request from us the erasure of the personal data concerning you. These requirements especially provide a right to erasure where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, the personal data have been unlawfully processed, you object to the processing or the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the we are subject. Regarding the period for which the personal data will be stored please refer to No. 13 of this data protection declaration. To assert one of the above-mentioned rights please contact us under the contact address stated above.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request us to restrict the processing according to Art 18 GDPR. This right especially exists when the accuracy of the personal data is contested between the user and us, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data, in the case that the data subject who has a right to erasure opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead, for the case that we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims as well as if the successful exercise of an objection between us and the user is still controversial. To assert the above mentioned right please contact us under the contact address stated above.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format according to Art 20 GDPR. To assert one of the above-mentioned rights please contact us under the contact address stated above.
Right to object
Pursuant to Art 21 GDPR, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on lit e) or f) of Art 6 para. 1 GDPR. We will no longer process your personal data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
A list of all European data protection authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
- Marketing Communication
Your personal data will be processed in order to be able to offer you the contents as ordered by you, Art 6 para. 1 b) GDPR.
You can unsubscribe from these communication at any time. Each communication contains information on how you can cancel the subscription with effect for the future.
In case of other e-mail-marketing related to direct marketing, we reserve the right to send you information on goods and services similar to those you have purchased from us by e-mail. You can object to receiving such information by email at any time. Each email contains information on how to unsubscribe from future emails.
- Cross-border Personal Data Transfer and Storage of Your Personal Data
ClearEdge has networks, databases, servers, systems, support, and help desks located throughout our offices around the world. We collaborate with third parties such as cloud hosting services, suppliers, and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal information within ClearEdge or to third parties in areas outside of your home country. The areas in which these recipients are located will vary from time to time, but may include the United States, Japan, Europe and other countries where ClearEdge has a presence or uses contractors.
When we transfer personal information from the European Economic Area to other countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data privacy protection as in your home country, we take measures to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection. In other words, your rights and protections remain with your personal information. For example, we use approved contractual clauses, multiparty data transfer agreements, intragroup agreements, and other measures designed to ensure that the recipients of your personal information protect it.
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
- Security and Safety Measures
- Links to Other Websites