This article will cover how to make a Grid of Points. A Grid of points is a section of elevation points that are shown over a defined area of your pointcloud. This tool allows you to define a the width, depth, and spacing to then which Rithm will array points following your settings. You can find this tool in the Analysis section of the Builder toolbar. If you were instead looking for information on the Points tool, refer to this article.
After clicking the tool, the following options become available:
- Descriptor: The descriptor is a text tag that acts like a label for the point.
- Start #: Determines the starting point number when arraying the grid of points.
- Grid spacing: Determines the spacing between points arrayed in the grid.
In the Coloring dialog box you can determine the coloring of your points.
- Change: Colors the points according to the change in elevation from previous data.
- Reference: Colors the points in relation to the defined reference height.
- Elevation: Colors the points in relation to the median elevation value.
- Point #: Displays the point number.
- Elevation: Shows the elevation value for the point.
- Descriptor: Shows the descriptor label for the point.
To start, begin by left clicking where you want the corner of the grid to be. Then, left click to define the total length of the grid. Lastly, left click to define the width of the grid. Once you have created your grid, you can confirm to move forward, or redo to re-make it. Once you click confirm, a report dialog will appear. Here you can view a table format of your grid of elevation points as well as edit visibility settings and create a report.
If you click the create report button, a report creation dialog will open. From here you can choose to have the report be made into a word document or pdf, choose a save location, and chose what units you would like the report to be created with.